PACCP believes that the requirement of having academic institutions be accredited by nationally recognized accrediting associations is paramount to our viability and identification on a national level in Canada. We continue to promote the high standards our professional counselors have attained academically, along with our ongoing professional development and ethical requirements.
The following institutional accrediting associations have been identified by PACCP as having acceptable academic standards. The accreditation of the applicant’s degree-granting institution will be accessed under these recognized associations:
- Universities Canada (formerly the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada)
- Association of Theological Schools (ATS: for religious schools in Canada and the US, or one of the six regional accreditors for secular schools in the US):
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA/CHE)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Commission on Colleges of the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Special Note: Yorkville University’s Counselling program was granted special approval by the PACCP Board of Directors; Yorkville is also approved by newly forming regulatory college’s across Canada (ie. CRPO in Ontario).